We commend you for considering graduate education as part of your professional and personal development. Students in the online M.S. in Cyber Security program are inquisitive, lifelong learners who’ve chosen to advance their knowledge and careers.
We encourage you to join The University of Tulsa community and apply today.
How to Apply
1. Create an account
With your account you can request information, submit applications, register for events, upload materials, track your file, and receive updates.
*Once an account has been created, make note of the email address used as that will be your username and point of contact going forward. If you forget your log-in information, please email email@example.com.
2. Submit your application
You must complete your online application before you can submit any supplemental materials.
3.Provide supplemental materials
Upload additional documents, such as statement of purpose, recommendation letters and transcripts.
Please allow two weeks to process an application. Applications and transcripts will be held on file, and admission decisions will be valid for one calendar year.
To be considered for admission to the online M.S. in Cyber Security program, the following items must be submitted to the Graduate School:
- A completed graduate school application
- Statement of purpose
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Official or unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- GRE general test results or an approved GRE waiver (see below)
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- $60 application fee
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. will also need to submit TOEFL or IELTS results
The online M.S. in Cyber Security program accepts new students in the fall, spring and summer terms. Applications are processed as they are received, and prospective students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Admission into this program requires a satisfactory score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), however, the GRE requirement may be waived under certain conditions.
To qualify for a GRE waiver, students will need to meet any of the 5 listed criteria:
- The requirement is automatically waived for all applicants that have already completed a master, doctoral, or law degree at an approved university.
- Applicants who have taken the GMAT, GRE, or LSAT within five years of the date of initial enrollment may submit their score(s) for consideration as evidence of having met the requirement.
- Applicants with 3 or more years’ work experience in cyber security or Information Technology roles.
- Applicants with 5 or more years work experience in other fields who can document achievement through other means such as patents, professional licensures and certifications, refereed publications in industry-specific journals, expert testimony, company technical reports/analyses, or other documented evidence of career advancement and developing expertise.
- Applicants holding any of the certifications listed in the table below:
The following additional conditions apply:
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to request the waiver.
- Petitions must be accompanied by all required documentation.
- The waiver petition form must be submitted no later than four weeks prior to the start of the semester in which the applicant intends to first enroll in the program.
- The waiver petition, along with all required documentation, must be submitted in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The petition only applies to the master of science in cyber security professional track program.
The waiver petition will be evaluated as soon as possible but generally within 10 business days of receipt of all required documentation.
If the waiver petition is denied, the applicant must take the GRE prior to enrolling. It is the applicant’s responsibility to schedule the test and pay the required fee. Applicants are advised that it will be difficult to achieve a satisfactory score without preparing in advance. Study guides and other preparation materials are available from a variety of commercial sources.
Whether the GRE waiver is granted or not, the applicant may still be required to complete one or more leveling courses prior to enrolling in courses.
|Certification Provider||Certification Name|
|CertNexus *||CyberSec First Responder (CFR)|
|Cisco *||Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security)|
|Cisco *||Cisco Certified Network Professional-Security (CCNP-Security)|
|Cisco *||Cybersecurity Specialty Certification (SCYBER)|
|Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) *||Security+ Continuing Education (CE)|
|CompTIA *||CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Continuing Education (CE)|
|CompTIA *||Network+ Continuing Education (CE)|
|CompTIA *||Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+ **)|
|EC-Council *||Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)|
|EC-Council *||Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO)|
|EC-Council *||Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI)|
|EC-Council *||Certified Network Defender (CND)|
|International Information Systems Security Certifications Consortium (ISC)2 *||Certified Information Systems|
|(ISC)2 *||Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)|
|(ISC)2 *||Certification Authorization Professional (CAP)|
|(ISC)2 *||Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)|
|(ISC)2 *||Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)|
|(ISC)2 *||Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP)|
|(ISC)2 *||System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)|
|Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) *||Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)|
|ISACA *||Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)|
|Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) *||GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)|
|GIAC *||GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)|
|GIAC *||GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)|
|GIAC *||GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)|
|GIAC *||GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)|
|GIAC *||GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)|
|GIAC *||GIAC Security Leadership Certificate (GSLC)|
|GIAC *||GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)|
|Logical Operations, Inc. *||CyberSec First Responder (CFR)|
- Priority Complete Deadline
- July 1, 2021
- Final Submit Deadline
- July 15, 2021
- Final Complete Deadline
- August 2, 2021
- Fall Classes Begin
- August 23, 2021
Online M.S. in Cyber Security Tuition
Tuition for the 2020-21 academic year is $1,310 per credit hour. Beginning in Fall 2021, tuition for the 2021-22 academic year is $1,349 per credit hour.
Total tuition for the online program is $40,470, based on rates for the 2021-22 academic year. Many students in our online programs receive need-based aid and some students are eligible for additional merit or other scholarships.
Get more information about the costs of attending TU here. Scholarships are also available!
Take control of your cyber security career
For more information about The University of Tulsa’s online M.S. in Cyber Security program, please complete the form below.
By providing my information and clicking the “Learn More” button, I consent to being contacted via telephone (including a cell phone, if provided), email, and text message about the Cyber Security program.